Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sewing Projects....sweet!

A friend of mine blogs on her craftiness. Princess Nimble-Thimble....she has a sew and show for her tutorials, and a contest drawing for those who post pics finished items.

Photobucket

That crochet dishcloth was an entry from last night, and then two more tonight !!!

An A-line skirt. I had to do several modifications, and consequently stuck it on a shelf for a few months. But in hopes of a prize, finished it tonight. I hate hemming.
Photobucket

Iden wanted in on it....and you can see it is an even hem on it. LOL

Photobucket

And then she makes TONS of these little bendy dolls. You'll have to go to her store to see what they are supposed to look like. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=71968

I don't have any heads for this one......LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put the I on it to give to Iden. Jantzen has declared them guys, not dolls, and Kainen has requested one. They are so stinking finicky and knitpicky though....I may not have the patience for more. LOL But I think iit has lots of character.......ROFL

And then.......something I have been wanting to make for years. I've had this fabric stashed away with this project in mind for oh.....nearly 4 years now? LOL I was on a roll with stuff, so kept on going. Oh, and my budding artist 3 year old took these. ROFL Nearly saying cheese. He wasn't quite sure which role he was playing, photographer or subject. LOL It was too cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket (this is the better color showing)

Did I mention I hate hemming? Took nearly an hour for this sucker.

I have another pair nearly done.....just lost my mojo with my NYE celabratory drink. :lol:

I also did a marathon of PJ making for Christmas.....

3 for my boys, 3 nephews and 3 neices.

Photobucket

And then one of those nephews was born a few days before Christmas, so he got some goodies at his baby shower.

Photobucket This is a swaddle sock. Just stick the kid in and viola. No more trying to fold your kiddo in there. Thank you Crystal for the idea!!!

And a little sweat suit for him....next year. Its big. LOL

Photobucket

And then I took him this ball at the hospital after he was born, in case he wanted to play ya know. ;)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I love those skirts! Great job mama!

Tiarnna said...

Thanks!!!

laska said...

wow...those are amazing. and you said you weren't crafty...I don't believe you anymore!

Shannon said...

oh so cool! Great job on all those projects.

I finally bookmarked you and Dannielle so I can keep track.

Tiarnna said...

LOL Laska!!! Its your craftiness that I can't do. LOL Maybe I could sew on paper crafts though??

Thanks Shannon!!!