Wednesday, January 16, 2008

C-Section time!

Yeah, so thats what I got to watch first thing this morning!!! I really wasn't expecting that at all at 6:35 this morning. But at 8 am, a 9 lb 4 ounce baby girls head popped out of a womans stomach right before my eyes!!!

I never thought my first time witnessing a birth other than my own would be a c-section, but heck, I'll take it.

That and the fact I aced my test yesterday makes for a good week so far. ;)

Other women the nurse I was following had.... a 12 week gestation mom with some bleeding. Sent home on bedrest with a shrug from the OB. A 38 weeker being induced with #4, cause she 'can't have big babies'...mind you the biggest is 7 lbs 8 ounces. She started on pit at about 9 am...and was at about 1 cm when the OB checked her at 1:30 and maxed out on pit. Hopefully she will have delivered by the time I get there tomorrow at 6:30. I just really...don't get it. Ah well. Not my body, not my birth. Right? shut yer trap Tiarnna....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes...but sounds like it was exciting t-bone. one of ryan's co-workers wives is finishing up her midwifery schooling , too. she is ultra-close to being done. good for you! oh, and the card went into the mail today...a month late...lol

Anonymous said...

by the way, that was me tiarnna---katy!!!

Crystal said...

Wohoo! have fun with the babies and mamas! How long are you going to be in L&D?

Tiarnna said...

LOL Katy- as soon as I saw the t-bone, I knew it was my Katy gal. ;) That and your card is on its way. ROFL

Crystal-those were my two lone days this quarter. But it is a super small hospital, so with any luck, I'll get another chance.