Friday, November 11, 2005

Stinker

I woke up to find Krabby Patty back in his old shell. I was figuring he'd do it, since he hadn't moved a whole lot after moving into the bigger shell. But I have some shells on the way to me that should be here by Monday or Tuesday, and there should be a suitable shell in there for him. If not, I will go shell shopping AGAIN (read: $$$) so the bugger will be in a home that FITS properly. Mr Krabs and Mrs. Hermit are still buried and haven't come up yet, and its aweful quiet in there.

I added some netting and greenery to one end (opposite of where they are burried) which is over the current shell area on playsand. I am going to gussy up the upside down ziplock containers and get them attatched to each other and some craft grid stuff glued to the top for traction. I'll put some corks around the edge for a little depth factor and fill it with moss. This will be both a second level and the shell station. The shells will stay free of sand and more appealing to the crabs!!

I moved the old aquarium to the top of the fridge to serve as my ISO. Mainly and ISO for new crabs before they are introduced to the main crabitat. I figure two at a time over the next while will be fun. With 2 of the 3 crabs buried and the other under the hermie hut, its borish during the day. LOL

No comments: