Sunday, November 27, 2005

Still booooring

I am seriously ready to drive myself to Spokane and hit up all the pet stores and stock my tank with new crabs. All three are burried STILL! I can see the legs of one in the bottom corner of the tank, under about 6 inches of playsand. I found Mr. Krabs last week. I could hear scratching on both sides of the tank, one under the hermie hut a lot louder. So I lifted it up, and he was there, at the very bottom, nothing covering him. Weird, cause there was about 3 inches of ecoearth there before. Of course I couldn't resist, picked him up, checked him out, noticed nothing different. He scootched to the opposite end, right above where the crab is that I can see now, so not sure if thats him. And then several days later, I could see the legs, and heard two different scratching and crawling sounds, so as of early last week, all three were alive. But its been totally silent since. I can see those legs changing posisitions multiple times during the day. So at least one is still alive. But they are driving me mad with the hiding.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

you know.... Olympia has a very large selection of hermit crabs. Even saw some very large strawberry ones last time we took Duke to puppy class. So, you could make the drive, have a nice lunch with a friend, get a custom fitted patchy skirt, drink lots of coffee and restock the crab tank. It could be fun is all I'm saying....... ;)

Why does your blog always make me figure out some puzzle if I want to comment? I'm not some spambot, I assure you.

Tiarnna said...

ROFL, you are too funny. And straws eh? You been readin up on hermit crabs?? LOL I think those are a good year away. But if you find Ecuadorians....well, I may just show up unannounced. teeehee.


About the comment and code. I was getting those nasty spammers each time I'd post a blog. Couldn't delete them fast enough. Snots.

Crystal said...

Reading up on hermit crabs..... no sorry. LOL I'm just really good at reading the tag on the outside of the cage :) Writing down Ecuuadorians, I'll have a look tomorrow.

How odd about the spammers, I've not had any on my blog.