Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another test passed!

Two tests down, a gazillion to go. Each quarter we have to take a calculations test to make sure we can still safely pass drugs since doctors don't usually write, give two aspirin and call in the morning. There is lots involved, and I'll spare ya. So that was Monday at 8 and I passed that.

Then today was our lab skills check off. You choose between 5 possible scenarios of all things learned last year and have to perform it and answer various questions for the instructor. I passed that as well! I have to go back in a few minutes to start learning about IV therapies. Theory today, and then in 2 weeks I get to start learning how to insert IV's. Wee! The down side is we practice on each other. :-/ :faintthud: If you know me at all, you know I don't like needles. Crud, I went through natural childbirth away from a hospital to avoid the stupid things. Well, there was more to it than that, point is, I don't like needles. Now I get to be a pin cushion for a class mate. Oye. Hopefully I come out of it alive. ;)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on another test behind you!

Yikes, I'm really sure our college does not have the student practice on each other. Actually, our sciences are really odd, we can't do anything that involves student use at all. Not even a finger prick. Aparently there was a terrible mistake several years ago with some experiment and it caused a students death.

laska said...

needles...piece of cake. my advice is to volunteer to start any and all iv's you can when you are at clinicals. practice really does help! congrats on passing the tests!

Tiarnna said...

Freaky scary Crystal!!!

LOL Laska-yes, I am happy to get in as much practice as I can, but its the actual "me being the dummy" that I am less than thrilled with. Argh.