Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wee!!!

Chickens are really starting to lay eggs now. Its funny, I have different sizes and different browns in my carton now. I found two in that tall grass under my kitchen window this morning. ONe was still warm. I think it was one of the hatched here at home babies. Or both, they are smaller than even Benny's, and two slightly different colors. Then the adopted chicken is laying nice big dark brown eggs. Then day before yesterday I sent Iden out to get them cause I needed them for dinner, and he brought in two, and then said there was a jiggly one that he threw out. I went out and looked and of course the chickens were devouring it. I think it was just a shell-less egg. So perhaps its just another chicken starting to lay. It looked like it was a fairly large one. But exciting! The boys have been painting on the back of the coop, and hopefully we'll get it moved into place in the next day or two and finish it up. It froze night before last, so I really need to get it done.

And I've ordered a couple of cleaning fairies. They should be here on October 3rd. So perhaps I will have a nice clean house by the 5th after they properly orient themselves???

Cleaning Fairies!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats of happy laying hens!

I hope your cleaning fairies make you as happy as Jeffrey and Jeeves make us. Speaking of... I need to figure out a new schedule for them.

Tiarnna said...

Thanks!!!

And I gotta figure out cute names for my fairies. Flora and Fauna? LOL Scooba would have to be fauna, cause it rhymes with sauna, and that has water.....

ROFL

Crystal said...

Spic and Span? he he, naming them is fun. And if you want to get really crazy there are little *costumes* for them. Mine are naked, but the penguin skin is awful cute.

Tiarnna said...

Seriously? Costumes? I have not run across that yet. LOL