Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Can we have some more crowns please?

Well, another pageant is in the books. We have a couple of lovely new ladies to represent our small town well for the next year. Of course, the addition of several more crowns would make for a lot less *itchy parents. Seriously, your girl did a lovely job, just this year, she wasn't meant to win. Sorry. Gads. I just don't get how some girls survive under the pressure of their parents. I can undertand being upset, but to go around badmouthing winners. Thats just in poor taste. These parents and girls don't get to see interviews. A few of us do, and thats where things really show through and separates the competition if things are close on stage. Ah well. Such is the pageant life. If you don't like it, don't participate. You have the spirit of it all wrong any ways. Argh. k /rant.

Now I have a bit of down time aside from work for the day. Its nice to have a break. Phones been ringing a lot, so a nap is out of the question. Had a test on bones and such yesterday and a midterm in speech last night. First test I scored well on, not sure yet on speech. We'll see. I'm not sold on that class yet.

I'm just excited to go eat some sushi tonight. YUM.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

You are a walking inspiration girl! I have no idea where you find enough time to be a wonderful wife and mother, and a nursing student, and in speech, and working, and help run pagents! I think I've come to the conclusion that you must have more hours in the day than I do, and I would like you to share how you made that possible. ;)

Shannon said...

you run pagents? I think I missed this. were you in them as a contestant and now participate as a co-ordinator? Miss America or Miss USA?

Tiarnna said...

LOL Crystal-more hours in the day, perhaps not. I just rush around like a bee on a pollen high I guess. ;)

Shannon-yes, I do help run our local preliminary to Miss America. Its a great time had by all. Until the moment one girl is crowned and the rest aren't. But its short lived. ;)