Saturday, November 03, 2007

Whats this? A new post?

Why yes, yes it is. I don't expect it to be of any excitement, but I was just studying, and decided this was as good a way as any to avoid that. ;)

What is it I am studying? Parenteral administration.....aka shots. We get to start practicing that on Monday, and start giving them at clinicals on Thursday. Ayeyaiyai. Crazy they are trusting me to do this. After the disastrous skills lab of doing blood glucose sticks especially. My partner for that already made it clear she won't be for shots. I don't get it....??

Anywho, nursing school is going well for the most part. Pharmacology is giving me some trouble as its a bit scientific. Gone are the days of answering "its a blood pressure medication". Now I have to know how and why it works. Its like that for LOTS of drugs.......

My program requires an 80% to pass. So right now, on paper my grades look horrid. One just below a 2.0, and one comfortably above a 2.0, yet this is some of the best work I've done over the last year. Any other class those 2.0 grades would be 3.0 which I am more than happy with. Oh well. I did somehow manage to get the highest grade on my fundamentals test yesterday along with one other person. Not sure how that happened, but I told my instructor I would revel in it while I could. (yes, I called after grades posted to make sure that was actually my grade).

I have to have a 5 page paper written by Friday, since I had to miss clinicals on Thurs. because of pink eye. NiiiIiiice. I HATE writing papers. I am rotten at them. Blah.

Oh well......I am still flying high with my last test grade. =)

No comments: